Sky Rover Reference Series ULT 150 ED Glass 150mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope
ADVANCED & PROFESSIONAL LEVEL TELESCOPE – Exceptional quality telescope for Advanced & Professional users. Exceptional performance for those that wish to achieve everything. Sublime performance on the moon, planets, stars, double stars, star clusters, globular star clusters, nebulae & galaxies.
Looking for something rare and bespoke custom engineered, hand crafted and really special !! Are you ready for sublime premium astronomy & advanced astroimaging.
Just an exceptional telescope, simple as that ! An absolute a joy to use. You will be delighted with the details you can achieve through this exotic ED Extra Dispersion Glass Super APO 150mm, fine details of DSOs, stunning resolution both visually and for astro imaging.
When it comes to world’s best practise refractor telescopes, the Sky Rover ULT 150 ED Glass 150mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope is unbeatable. It features a Premium Quality Japanese triplet air-spaced objective lens. Custom hand crafted by Japanese grand masters using the highest quality Premium Japanese ED glass.
This telescope is also an outstanding system for astrophotography, also available is an optional 0.8X 4 element 70mm clear aperture ED Glass reducer flattener enabling advanced pro level astroimaging to be achieved with either DSLR or extra performance CCD systems.
Among its features, the Sky Rover Reference Series ULT 150 ED Glass 150mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope utilises an ultra-smooth United Optics 4″ superb Premium Rack & Pinion Dual Speed focuser: a treat to use during astrophotography. No more image shift! It rotates in a full 360 degree… an extra-heavy duty state of the art unit with large aluminium knobs. The Sky Rover ULT 150 ED Glass 150mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope includes a fully graduated scale for precise camera alignment.
Despite its large 150mm objective, the Sky Rover Reference Series ULT 150 ED Glass 150mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope is still a very compact & robust manufactured unit. The focuser is extra strong with a premium dual-speed microfocus capability. Aside from the simply beautiful fitment and finish, the ULT 150 includes a United Optics (Kunming) made tube unit, including mounting ring set and powder-coated white CNC-machined aluminum tube, retractable dewshield with premium screw on dewshield cap. Plus United Optics precision anodized 360 degree rotatable rack & pinion focuser.
The Sky Rover ULT 150 ED Glass 150mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope is pure quality from the highly precise CNC machined lens cell to the solid United Optics CNC-machined mounting rings. Also included is a 2″ and 1.25″ adapter with brass anti-marring compression rings. You also have a 2-year warranty.
Sky Rover Reference Series ULT 150 ED Glass 150mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope …
* This scope features a Bespoke hand Crafted custom engineered 150mm f7 Japanese Grand Master Hand Crafted Triplet ED Super APO Apochromatic lens, with a higher optical quality level than you can get from most even exotic manufacturers. It is exceptionally sharp and has a class leading colour correction with outstanding resolution – an ideal selection for demanding astrophotography.
* Why would you change from the Sky Rover 150 Triplet APO to this Bespoke hand crafted upgrade version ? A good question. Why would you change from a telescope that is a premier to a telescope that is an ultra premier Bespoke Hand Crafted Limited Edition and has an increase in quality ? For most customers the Sky Rover 130 with a Strehl of 0.94 will do a sensational job and you will love it. If you have been considering the famous Japanese Brand Named triplets this will do exactly the same thing as the lens is directly comparable, as they also have a Strehl in the region of 0.93-0.94, this is what they manufacture to, so the Sky Rover 130 does the same thing. But – if you have been considering telescopes that are in the airy limits of optics such as the ultra exotic Europeans & Americans (the long wait time units) with Strehl’s in the highest levels of 0.98+ in capability – then you know why you would wish to consider this Bespoke upgrade. If you have been doing astronomy for decades and are (like I am) a pain in the neck perfectionist and want the best, and you consider that products like a “Rolex Submariner is obligatory and nothing less will do” – then this telescope is exactly what you have been looking for.
* Precision Bespoke optics with Premium Multi coatings, including design by a global leading telescope design engineer featuring Premium Japanese exceptional ED glass.
* Extra-smooth United Optics custom made 4 inch focuser with dual speed control: a wonderful feature to use.
* Exceptional United Optics (Kunming) tube unit. Premium quality powder-coated white CNC-machined aluminium tube, retractable dewshield and dewshield cap.
* Stainless steel United Optics reinforced inserts on both sides and on the back to allow heavy loads without problems.
* Solid CNC-machined United Optics tube rings
* Vixen type dovetail
* Premium hard case
* Flattener Reducer 4 element ED Glass 70mm clear aperture 0.8X (direct connects to 48mm thread for DSLR & CCD connectivity)
* 48mm T Mount available (suit Canon or Nikon)
* Finderscope foot for OTA to mount up standard finderscopes
* Full range of Eq mounts available – recommended are: Saxon AZ-Eq6 Pro or even better an ASA Astrosysteme Austria DDM 100
* Full range of exceptional quality premium wide angle eyepieces & diagonals available on application
* Full range of filters for visual & astroimaging also available on request
* Camera CCD – QHY & also FLI (Finger Lakes Instruments) sensational full range of magnificent CCD’s
Sky Rover Reference Series ULT 150 ED Glass 150mm Triplet Super APO Refractor Telescope …
Clear Aperture : 150mm
Focal Ratio : f7
Focal Length : 1,050mm
Objective Type : Triplet Super APO ED Glass 3 Element air spaced
Lens: Bespoke Custom Japanese Grand Master Hand crafted
Optical quality – Bespoke Hand Crafted Exotica level Japanese ED Glass lens – Outstanding 0.1 – 0.11 wave P/V (1/8 wave P/V double pass – which is a minimum 0.98+ Strehl) – exceptional quality enabling superior resolution Resolving Power : 0.78″
Limiting Magnitude : 17.4
ii. Tube set:
Tube: United Optics (Kunming)
Lens Shade : Retractable
Tube coating : Powdercoat Pearl white
Tube Diameter : 197mm (dewcap)
Tube Length : 1030mm extended
Focuser : United Optics (Kunming)
4″Solid CNC-machined mounting rings included
Camera-angle Adjuster 1.25″
Adapter Included 1.25″ Adapter
Brass Compression Rings
Tube Weight : 11.9kg
Shipment package : 42 X 42 X 125 cm, 20.7 Kg
* Flattener Reducer 0.8X for advanced astroimaging
Note: Imaging Circle Diameter with Reducer Flattener fitted is 42mm and Back focus is 54.8mm
Usage findings : I use one of these telescopes as my personal telescope in my observatory located on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. I use it for astroimaging and visual astronomy – it achieves everything, absolutely everything – and I am a massive pain in the neck perfectionist. I have been doing astronomy for over 50 years, and have massively demanding requirements for excellence in the products I use. This telescope is a rare unit – you normally expect for performance in “resolution” to drop off slightly as you go higher and higher in magnification – I simply do NOT get that with this telescope – Why – it’s a mix of optical aperture – and this is large aperture 6 inch Triplet APO – plus optical quality, and the 0.98+ Strehl in this system achieves things that (as example) a Takahashi with a Strehl of 0.94 (at any aperture size) is simply incapable of resolving (that’s what they are manufactured by Canon to – not lower or higher, 0.94 is THE Strehl for all Takahashi’s). 0.98+ is next level again. This telescope provides an increase in resolution that has to be experienced to be appreciated. Why do a 0.98+ Strehl telescope – it’s simple – why offer a Porsche 911 “Turbo”, why not leave it at just a 911 – the answer is performance, a “massive” performance increase. The 6 inch Triplet APO with exotica level optics is quite rightly regarded as the King of telescopes. This telescope resolves the Cassini Division in Saturn’s rings on an ordinary night of seeing, details in clouds on the surface of Saturn (YES – Saturn) if they are present. Achieves the 5th and 6th star in the Trapezium of the Orion Nebula on an ordinary night of seeing. I do not need to wait for exceptional seeing to achieve higher performance, and when I do have excellent seeing I get Omega Centauri looking “3D” in the eyepiece, resolving individual stars in its structure, and magnification to 600X. You do NOT need a big (say 14 inch) telescope to achieve exceptional capability – you need a BETTER QUALITY telescope. It’s always about quality, not size. This telescope does everything, splits the most difficult double stars (such as Antares) with a level of ease (at 115 Magnifications) that significantly surprises (most telescopes – 99%+ – can’t resolve Antares whatsoever, and those that do usually have to go double this power – 230X PLUS – to achieve anything). It resolves a “brilliance” in stars that most (98% plus) of astronomy enthusiasts don’t even know is capable of being achieved, and this “brilliance” is mega important. It achieves Galaxies and their structure, easily – plus a level of detail (as example) in the Tarantula Nebula that makes it look like the spider is about to bite you, the detail is that great (98% of astronomy enthusiasts wouldn’t even know what this is, as they haven’t got gear that can achieve it – and yes – this includes even those that think they have great gear)
0.98+ is next level …. again