BEGINNER & INTERMEDIATE TELESCOPE – Good quality introductory & Intermediate level telescope – Good performance on the moon, planets, stars, double stars & star clusters – also excellent performer for terrestrial spotting – ie: birding, landscapes, sea views, etc.
Australia’s Favourite First Telescope – The Saxon 909EQ2 – 90mm Refracting Telescope System is a telescope for Beginner & also Intermediate level astronomy, it is an exceptional performer and wonderful value.
Here you have a beautifully manufactured, 90mm aperture achromatic refractor that delivers bright, sharp views of both celestial and terrestrial subjects. At the business end you’ll find a quality, multi-coated lens housed in a steel body. With a 900mm focal length and f/10 focal ratio, you’ll be able to use higher magnifications to study the stars, the Moon and the planets with comfort.
You’ll enjoy the highest mountains on the Moon, as well as the deepest craters. Gaze in wonder as the four major moons of Jupiter waltz around the banded planet.
Behold the rings of Saturn and peek in on its largest moon – Titan. When Mars is near, you’ll see the polar cap. On dark nights, turn the Saxon 90mm refractor telescope towards the stars and you’ll be whisked away into bright star clusters, double stars & even nebulae! They’re all waiting on you…
Also turn the telescope to the horizon or nearest tree to see bids and their plumage in great detail, also whale watching where you will see up close and personal the whales breaching in all their glory.
Special Upgrade Package – Upgraded items included in supply:
* Everwin 6mm Super Plossl High Magnification Premium quality eyepiece – Providing an exceptional quality 140 magnifications with wide field and high detail – ideal for lunar and detailed planetary viewing.
* Saxon Colour Filter set – Four colour filters – Grey neutral density for the moon, plus three colour filters for enhanced detail on the most popular planets for observing – ie: Mars, Saturn & Jupiter.
Saving you over $80 in additional savings on this Extra Special Package !
Saxon 909EQ2 – 90mm Refractor Telescope System Features…
* 90 degree star diagonal provides upright images and viewing comfort – suits Astronomy – plus Terrestrial landscapes, birding and bay viewing as well
* Quality 6X30 optical finderscope makes acquiring a target easy.
* Standard 1.25″ rack and pinion focuser allows for adding a variety of optional accessories.
* Included accessory tray to keep your gear organised. You’ll appreciate the hefty EQ2 German equatorial mount and its ability to balance your telescope’s payload.
The slow motion cables will help you keep track of your subject matter. The included 6X30 finderscope with the Saxon 909EQ2 is a bonus, too… It’s like a small telescope which helps you locate your targets fast.
The 90 degree star diagonal produces upright images and aids your viewing comfort. What’s more, the standard 1.25″ focuser accepts a wide variety of eyepieces and optional accessories, too.
At 12 kgs, the Saxon 909EQ2 – 90mm Refractor Telescope System is an easy to handle package and one that will last through years of use!
Saxon 909EQ2 – 90mm Refractor Telescope System Specifications…
Optical Design : Achromatic Refractor
Lens Material : Optical Lens
Diameter : 90mm
Focal Length : 900mm
F/ratio : F/10
Power : 180x
Magnitude : 12.5
Resolving Power : 1.3
Finderscope : 6×30
Finder Focuser diameter : 1.25″
Diagonal : 90 degree
Star Diagonal Eyepiece(s) : 1.25″ Super 25mm and 10mm
Mount Type : Equatorial 2
Slow-motion Control : Vertical & Horizontal
Piggyback Bracket : Yes
Accessory Tray : Wall-to-wall
Tube Weight : 2.49Kgs
Tube Dimension (dia. x length) : 9cm x 86.5cm
Tripod Height : 71-123cm
Shipping Weight : 14.5 Kgs
Shipping Carton Dimensions : 113 x 44 x 23 cm3
Warranty : 5 Year Limited