William Optics Gran Turismo 81 Triplet APO Refractor
The redesigned Gran Turismo, from William Optics boats superb clarity and true-color views at an affordable price for similar telescopes. You will be impressed by this scope’s ability to dramatically reduce chromatic aberrations. A true-color producing APO refractor with a fast, f/5.9, focal ratio all in a visually stunning optic, there’s nothing like it out there.
The GT81 has a triplet air-spaced apochromatic design housed in a CNC-machined lens cell. The exterior has a powder white finish with blue, red, or gold accents (you choose which color accents in the drop down menu above). Although it has an impressive 81mm aperture, the GT81 is compact enough to be transported as carry-on luggage on many airlines. This makes the GT81 the ideal scope for astronomers who travel to even the most desolate locations. With the William Optics GT81, the perfect observation just got one step simpler.
The William Optics GT81 includes a robust 2.5″ dual speed, rack and pinion focuser. The 1:10 dual speed design is easy to use and features smooth moving knobs. The scope also includes mounting rings, guiding rings, dovetail plate, and the innovative patented Bahtinov Mask Cover. You will also receive a soft carry case to protect your investment.
- Telescope Series: William Optics GT
- Telescope Optical Design: Refractor
- Refractor Design: Apochromat (APO)
- Number of Refractor Elements: 3
- Telescope Aperture: 3.2″ (81mm)
- Telescope Focal Ratio: f/5.9
- Telescope Focal Length: 478mm
- Focuser Style: Rack & Pinion
- Focuser Size: 2.5″
- Focuser Speed: Dual Speed
- Telescope Mount Type: No Mount – OTA Only
- Telescope OTA Length – Retracted: 15.4″ (390mm)
- Telescope Total Weight: 8.5lbs (3.84kg)
- Bonus Items in Package: Bahtinov Mask Cover
- Telescope Warranty Period: Two Years