The computerised Saxon Pro mounts are designed with the both novice and advanced user in mind.
With the intuative pushbutton SynScan Hand Control, locating and viewing the treasures of the night sky becomes as easy as a walk in the park. After a simple alignment procedure you’re ready to take an automated GoTo tour of the finest celestial showpieces !
The Saxon HEq5 Pro Computerised GoTo Mount is lighter than the NEq6 Pro, but it utilizes the same GoTo drive motors, electronic features, and functionality. TheThe SynScan Hand Control allows you to point the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button. The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,000 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions.
The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via a serial cable. Once the connection has been established between the computer and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium softwares can be used to control the HEq5 Pro mount. The handbox firmware can also be upgraded via the internet so the software is never out of date. Future software upgrades will always be available. This heavy-duty mount is a smaller version of the sturdy NEq6 Pro mount. It is specially designed for observers who need the steadiness of the NEq6 Pro mount, but find the NEq6 Pro mount too physically demanding.
The HEq5 Pro mount also comes with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate:
* Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
* Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
* Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
* Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
* Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
* Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
* Object database containing complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues.
* Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
The HEQ5 is the ideal mount for small refractors or Newtonian reflectors up to about 8″ aperture. The tubular steel tripod is robust & sturdy with a 1.75″-diameter stainless steel legs & cast-metal spreader plate. It will comfortably carry equipment up to 13.5kg while the entire mount weighs just 15.4kg (without counterweights).
* Mount Type German Equatorial – full GoTo
* Dovetail Saddle Plate Narrow Vixen Style
* Weight Rating 13.7kg
* Alignment Procedure 3-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment or 1-Star
* Alignment GoTo System SynScan Controller flash upgradeable
* Object Database 42, 000 +
* Tracking Rates Sidereal, Lunar and Solar
* Motor Speeds 3.4°/sec(800x), 600x, 500x, 400x, 64x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 2x, 1.75x, 1.5x, 1.25x
* Motors Microstep driven 1.8 degree stepper motors
* Bearings 3 sealed ball bearings, 1 tapered roller bearing on both DEC and RA axes
* Power Requirements 11 to 15 V DC 2 Amp (Tip positive)
* PEC – Yes
* Backlash Compensation – Yes
* Latitude Range 10-65°
* Setting Circles – Yes
* Polar alignment Scope – Included – with Southern Hemisphere Reticle
* Counterweights 2 x 5.1kg
* Autoguider Port ST4 compatible
* Tripod Legs 1.75″ stainless steel
* Counterweight Bar 200mm long x 18mm diameter
* Tripod Height Range 104 – 140cm
* Equatorial Head Weight 9.8kg
* Tripod Weight 5.6kg
Supply includes Saxon Australia five year warranty.
Please note : This product is 100% identical to the Skywatcher version, the only variance being the after sales service, where we prefer Saxon.