Sky Rover 2X54 Opera Glass/ Astronomy Ultra Wide Field Binoculars
The Sky Rover 2×54 Ultra Wide Angle Binocular combines an ultra-low power with an ultra-wide field of view, supercharging your eyeballs and taking naked eye astronomy to another level. An incredible 36° field of view allows constellations to fit into one field. And the binoculars brighten up fainter stars, allowing you to see about 1.2 magnitudes fainter than you can with just your own eyeballs.
For example — from a dark sky site, you can see down to around magnitude 6 stars with your naked eye – imagine enhancing that view down to mag 7.2 with these binoculars. It’s like looking at a detailed star chart, except now the actual sky becomes your chart !
Magnification and exit pupil are not important in this design of binocular. In fact, it’s just the opposite. Low power coupled with a extra large lenses provides an unparalleled extra large field of view and adds to the effect of the sky being your own personal star chart.
The brightness in this style binocular is simply the square of the magnification, and the field of view is directly proportional to the size of the objective. Therefore you get 4x brighter images than naked eye, and a truly massive 36° field. The result is an enhanced naked eye feel when gazing through these binoculars at the arms of the Milky Way and individual whole constellations.
Compact and lightweight, the Sky Rover 2×54 Ultra Wide Angle Binoculars make a very nice addition to your astronomy equipment arsenal, bridging the gap between your larger binoculars and simple naked eye astronomy. Hundreds more stars appear in the view, and panning around the Milky Way from a dark sky site is simply jaw dropping. Features individual eyepiece focusing, a solid center axis hinge that holds optical alignment (collimation) most capably, fully multi-coated lenses, and includes a carrying case and caps to protect the lenses.
- Super low power @X Magnifications
- Extra large 54mm lenses brings both : 1) Theater & 2) The Night Sky constellations to life!
- Massive 36-deg field of view fits an extra wide field thereby bringing the constellations into a single field of view
- Large fully multi-coated lenses brighten fainter stars, so looking at the sky through these is like looking at a detailed star chart
- Bridges the gap between naked eye astronomy and narrower field large binocular astronomy
- Small and lightweight, featuring individual eyepiece focus
- Fits easily into your accessory case to take with you to the theater or a dark sky region
- Supply includes caps and a case