Do you have a telescope and would like the benefits of a computerised GoTo equatorial mount?
Then check out the Saxon EQ3 GoTo Equatorial Mount!
This is specifically designed to support mid sized telescope tubes such as a 4 inch refractor and 6 inch reflector. This is a high-precision equatorial mount features engraved aluminum setting circles and a latitude scale, large R.A. and DEC. locking clamps, and retractable counterweight shaft and removable counterweights. The tubular stainless steel field tripod is an adjustable height unit, and provides the extra strength that the motorised & tracked system requires for astrophotography. It is a very stable and strong tripod providing excellent performance.
The saddle plate on the top of the Saxon EQ3 GoTo Equatorial Mount accepts generic dovetail bars made by Synta and many other companies. The dovetail bar is held securely by dual hand clamps. Setting circles are provided on both axes. The hand control for the Saxon EQ3 GoTo Equatorial Mount is designed for the purpose of providing a simple slewing and tracking control.
The small and versatile hand control provides automatic tracking of celestial objects as soon as the power is turned on. The user-friendly interface provides quick access to many other functions such as the 13,436 object database !
Saxon EQ3 GoTo Computerised Equatorial Mount Features…
• Fully computerised with 13,436 object database
• Extra silent stepper motors
• Outstanding flexibility – 0.5X, 1X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 64X, 400X, 500X, 600X & 800X slew speeds
• Sidereal, Lunar & Solar tracking rate capability
• One star, Two star & Three star alignment options
• Capacity 11 Kg
• Heavy duty operation for telescopes to 120mm aperture
• Astrophotographic tracking capability for short to medium length duration imaging
• Strong adjustable height tubular stainless steel tripod
• Able to accept a wide variety of telescope tube assemblies – recommended are Saxon 1021 Achromat & Saxon ED100, plus Saxon 150mm 1200mm Newtonian reflector, which this unit is the standard model to operate with these three excellent telescope.
Saxon EQ3 GoTo Computerised Equatorial Mount Specifications…
Mount type : Computerized Equatorial
Payload Capacity : 6 kg
Counterweights : 2 pcs
Tripod : Tubular stainless steel extra heavy duty adjustable height
Tripod Height : 71-123cm
Tripod Weight : 5 kg
Accessory Tray : Heavy duty upgraded accessory tray included
Power supply : 12V DC 2Amp
Motor type and resolution : Microstep driven 1.8 stepper motors.
Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9,024,000 steps/rev.)
Slewing speeds : Guiding speed, 4x 8x, 32x, 64x, 800x
Guiding speeds : 1x, 0.75x, 0.5x, 0.25x
Gear ratio : 705
Tracking rates : Sidereal, Lunar, Solar Tracking
Modes : RA tracking Database : 13,436 object
Saxon Australia 5 year warranty included.
Please note : This product is 100% identical to the Skywatchder version, the only variance being the after sales service, where we prefer Saxon.