The QHY10 is a APS-C size cooled one shot colour CCD camera using SONY’s ICX494AQA CCD Sensor.
It has 10 Mega Pixels, with pixel size of 6.05×6.05um. Beside the very low thermal noise of Sony’s SuperHAD technology, this sensor has a high fullwell depth. Even with 6.05um square pixels, it has 45ke of fullwell depth.
This is almost double that of the ICX413 wich has 7.8um square pixels, and again almost double that of the colour 8300 sensors 5.4um square pixels. Fullwell depth gives the advantage of a higher dynamic range. It also brings better colours and smaller star points. You can take longer exposures without signal saturation. Using its two stage TEC, It can cool to -40C delta T below ambient.
Combined with QHY’s cooling technology, SONY’s SuperHAD technology gives the QHY10 a clean and low noise image, even in very long exposures. Supply includes CCD unit and power supply as standard.
* Sensor ICX494AQA
* Sensor cover – protective glass IR filter installed as standard.
* Total pixels : 3964 x 2712
* Active pixels : 3900 x 2616
* Pixel Size: 6.05um x 6.05um square
* Colour method: RGB BAYER film on CCD
* Readout noise: 8-10 e- @600 Kpixel/s
* System Gain: 0.7e-/ADU
* Fullwell depth: 45ke-
* Binning: 1×1, 2×2, 4×4
* Download speeds: 18sec / 4sec for full image
* Preview speed: 1 sec using 4×4 binning image mode
* Microlensing on chip
* ABG: -100dB
* 16 bit ADC with CDS and Preamp
* USB 2.0 High Speed interface
* Two Stage TEC, with low power consumption
* Very low vibration Active Fan
* Max Cooling up to Delta T=40 deg C below ambient
* Center and Tilt Adjustable, for CCD centering/alignment
* Regulated cooling, high accuracy
* DC201 with TEC controller
* Ultra small size suitable for primary focus imaging like Hyperstar – or all good quality refractors
* Weight: 400g
Supply includes official QHY Australia warranty as standard
Note: All QHY astronomy cameras are supplied as an indent basis only, usual supply timing is two and a half weeks