This is a custom selected product – price range $ 29,800. Shipment cost available on request exclusively. This is a premier bespoke hand crafted telescope, availability is on application only – with thanks. Usual availability is around the 9 months mark.
CFF Telescopes are one of the world’s premier telescope manufacturers. They are a European manufacturer of the highest quality and capability.
CFF use only the highest grade optics with O’Hara FPL53 Premium ED Glass, O’Hara FPL55 Fluorite Glass, premium Schott Glass of Germany and CDGM Glass of Rochester New York. These glasses are among the best glass substrates available globally for any telescope application, and represent “State of the Art” capability and quality.
CFF are different from other manufacturers – in that CFF use an “Oil Spaced” optic lens process. This is not available in a fully oil spaced process from any other refractor manufacturer in the world.
Simply stated an oil spaced refractor provides superior performance to any other design. To understand this fully you should personally review this technology with our owner, Cris Ellis – who will review this technology in full detail.
CFF Refractors are also available with a range of focusers, including:
* 3 inch Starlight
* 3.5 inch Starlight
These are the best focusers available globally, as this telescope deserves nothing but this premier focuser capability.
Astronomy Alive stock the larger size Starlight focuser option as standard for these systems as this is without peer, the best focuser available to mankind. For this model this is the 3 inch Starlight Feathertouch unit.
Triplet APO Objective – oil-spaced:
– Minimum guaranteed Strehl of 0.96
– Correction is done for 555nm – 560nm (human eye peak sensitivity)
– All our lenses are multi-coated. Transmission is 99.5% over visual spectrum.
– All lenses are aspheric type – include one aspherical surface
– Lens cell is collimatable via push/pull screws
– Lenses are oil spaced
– Tubing and adapters are machined from high quality aluminium alloy
– Tubing and adapters are anodized and/or powdercoated
– Standard back-focus is 180mm – focuser 3″ Starlight – 114mm travel – 2″ connection/ M82x1 thread for reducers and correctors
– Standard colour is white for tube and dewshield, black for their adapters
– Exceptional premier quality flightcase and CNC rings are included
– Every OTA is tested on interferometer, on artificial star and under night sky.
– Please note: The number of telescopes available is limited as each lens and OTA is handcrafted one at the time.
– Clear aperture – 185 mm
– Focal length – 1258 mm
– Lenses in batch – 10
– Strehl of tested lenses – minimum .96 @532nm , typical .98
– Minimum Length – 1123 mm
– Maximum Length – 1233 mm
– Back-focus – 180 mm (other Back Focus possible)
– Tube diameter – 140 mm –
– Dewshield diameter – 223 mm
– Weight – est 16.8 kgs , including rings (3″ FTF version)
* other models available – 105mm, 132mm, 140mm & 160mm. Additional custom models also available in short runs of usually up to about 7 pcs only, please enquire for details.
For a review of the 105mm version of this telescope series please see – http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/433895-my-cff-105-mm-f6-oil-spaced-triplet-has-arrived